Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Our world gets turned upside down, again

I had a stuffy nose the whole time. The doctors kept telling me it was allergies. Turns out it wasn't. 

  My journal entry from June 20th:
Everything happens for a reason. For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake...Philippians 1:29 I don't know why things are happening the way they are, and I am trying to stay positive, but after this week it is hard. I am so lucky to have a Great husband that is right next to me every step of the way. He says we are a team and can get through anything. I feel so blessed to have so many people supporting us too. thank you

I don't want to focus on the negative but I know some of you would like an update of how this last week went for us, so here it goes.
Monday= Ultrasound revealed that baby's fluid increased from 2.5 and 2.7cm to 4.0 and 4.1cm. his head is the size it should be at 40 weeks. he is only 32 weeks. We toured the NICU. We also had my thyroid ultrasound and blood work read. They told us they wanted to do a biopsy. It got set up for Thursday.

Wednesday= After review of the ultrasound Doctors wanted to move the c-section to the week earlier. Arrival date is now Aug. 13th, first thing in the morning. This means that both OB Dr.s and both priests will be able to be there. :) The original Neurosurgeon will not be, but the one that will be there is very good too.
Thursday= we were supposed to meet with the neurosurgeon but that appointment was cancelled. Just had to do the thyroid biopsy. That really hurt. I didn't faint. afterward it felt like someone punched me in the throat. We also celebrated our 9 year anniversary by going out to eat.
Friday= We had a regular OB appt to check baby's heart beat in measure my belly. Everything sounds good and belly size is right on track. We talked to the clinic social worker again to come up with a birth plan and talk about some other things. While we were there I got a call with the results of the biopsy. They took 5 samples. 4 came back with not enough cells for a good reading. 1 came back as cancer. They want me to come back in for another biopsy.

Saturday= Have to go to the bank to verify some transactions. My debit card got hacked into.
Next week= Jury duty for me
The next doctor appointments that I have coming up are; having another biopsy done, then meeting with my reg. OB doctor on the 8th for one last check up. I am very excited to not have to go to the clinic for awhile.

Well there it is. This is my life. I feel very drained from the week and am trying to just keep moving forward. Father Brice called and ask if we would like to be put in the prayer intercessions at church and also included, in prayer, with the 2 other baptisms that are happening Aug 12th. Of course we said yes!

July 23rd the results from the second biopsy came back. I was 34 weeks pregnant and found out that I had Thyroid cancer! 

No comments :

Post a Comment